About Our Returns Policies
- Statutory Cancellation Right
- Our Voluntary Returns Policy
- Returns Costs & Methods
- Other Statutory Rights
- Amazon Global Store Items
- AmazonFresh Items
- Customised Products
- Other Specific Items
At Amazon.co.uk we want you to be delighted every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items and by law you have the right to cancel the purchase of most items within 14 days without giving any reason. You also have statutory rights where goods are not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality.
Statutory Cancellation Right
You have the statutory right to cancel your order for any reason within 14 days beginning with the day you receive the item (please see clause 2 of our Conditions of Use & Sale for the full instructions on cancellation and further information on your right of cancellation). To exercise your cancellation right please visit our Returns Support Centre.
Our Voluntary Returns Policy
As well as your statutory cancellation rights described above, you can return most products from the Amazon sites to Amazon within 30 days of receipt of the products if the products are complete and are in an unused and undamaged condition. To return an item please visit our Returns Support Centre.
Please note that this returns policy doesn’t affect your statutory rights and therefore doesn’t affect your right of cancellation as described above.
Please note that you must return each item in the same condition in which you received it. This means that new items must be returned new, unused and complete. Used items must not have any additional signs of use or damage.
The same exclusions apply to our Returns Guarantee as for the right if withdrawal. The following products thus cannot be returned under the Returns Guarantee (unless defective):
- Products which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygienic reasons if unsealed by you after delivery, or which are, after delivery, inseparably mixed with other items;
- Sealed audio or video recordings or of sealed software if unsealed by you after delivery;
- Goods made to your specifications or clearly personalized, especially personalized Amazon Handmade items;
- Goods which may deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- A service, if the supplier has fully performed it and you accepted when you placed your order that the supplier could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started;
- Digital content (including apps, digital software, ebooks, MP3, etc) which is not supplied on a tangible medium (e.g. on a CD or DVD) if you accepted when you placed your order that the supplier could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started
- Newspapers, journals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts;
- Alcoholic beverages whose actual value is dependent on fluctuations in the market which the supplier cannot control
The following table provides an overview of the key provisions of your statutory cancellation right as well as our voluntary returns policy and how they compare to one another:
|Statutory Rights||Amazon Returns Policy (as set out by product category below)|
|Return period||14 days||30 days|
|Refund of costs of sending the item back to us if defective, damaged or incorrect item?||Yes||Yes|
|Refund of costs of sending the item back to us if cancellation?||No||No (unless Shoes, Clothing & Accessories, see next row)|
|Refund of costs of sending the item back to us if Shoes, Clothing & Accessories?||Yes||Yes|
|Refund of original delivery costs if defective?||Yes||Yes|
|Refund of original delivery costs if cancelled?||Yes, cheapest method||Yes, cheapest method|
Returns Costs & Methods
Amazon will refund the cost of sending an item back to us if it’s defective, damaged or incorrect and in many cases, we’ll provide you with a pre-paid returns label. If your return is not the result of an Amazon error, and you’re using a pre-paid return label, we’ll deduct the cost of the return from your refund. For returns from within the UK, costs start at £3.99. International return costs start at £8.09. Please note that returns that contain multiple items, or large items, may cost more. We offer various returns methods which will differ depending on the item(s) you’re returning. We’ll always display the most accurate return costs and methods available for your item(s) in our Returns Support Centre when you create your label.
Please note that certain types of items aren’t eligible for cancellation or return under the Amazon returns policy. You can find out more in the Conditions of Use & Sale.
We won’t accept the return of any software returned to us if it’s been opened. We reserve the right to refuse returns or to charge you our fees and expenses if the product isn’t received in new, unopened condition.
If a product becomes defective after 30 days you won’t be able to create a returns label using our Returns Support Centre – you’ll need to Contact Us. You may wish to visit the manufacturer’s website or contact them directly as they may be able to offer troubleshooting and support with the issue you have with the product. Please see Manufacturer Contact Details and After Sales Service.
Other Statutory Rights
You have additional rights in relation to incorrect, damaged or defective goods. For more information about these statutory rights, please visit Adviceguide, a Citizens Advice website at: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/. This link is provided to help our customers find out the rights they have where goods are not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality.
If you need to contact us by post, please write to:
Amazon.co.uk Customer Services, 2-4 Waverley Gate, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh EH1 3EG*
This isn’t our returns address and returns won’t be processed at the above address. If you need to return an item please visit our Returns Support Centre.
*In order to ensure a faster response please visit Customer Service.
Amazon Global Store Items
Most Amazon Global Store items can be returned within 30 days of receipt of delivery. Please use the online Returns Support Centre. It can take up to 15 – 25 days for an item to be received at our fulfilment centre, and it takes 2 business days from time of receipt for the refund to be processed and 3-5 business days for the refund amount to reflect in your account. For incorrect, defective, or damaged items, you’ll be refunded for original delivery costs, as well any Import Fees Deposit(s) for the returned item(s), once your return is processed.
Please note that your return label may require you to return the item at your own expense. Amazon will automatically refund up to £20 for return postage costs. If your return shipping costs more than £20, please keep a copy of your return postage receipt. For more information please see the Amazon Global Store Terms & Conditions.
The majority of AmazonFresh food items aren’t returnable, but may be refunded. See About Spilled or Damaged AmazonFresh Items for information on requesting a refund.
For items with customisation options, including any product configurations, image personalisation, text inscriptions, or designs (such as engravings, monograms, embroidery, or embossing):
- You must notify the third-party Seller within 14 days of receipt.
- If the item contains personal configuration, inscription, or design on these products, the third-party Seller is not required to accept returns or exchanges unless the products are damaged or defective upon arrival.
- If there is a misspelling or error in the configuration, inscription, or design due to a mistake by the third-party Seller, you are protected per the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.
- All product packaging (such as boxes) must be returned with the item.
Other Specific Items
If your order was sold and dispatched by a Seller on Amazon Marketplace, you can learn more about Arranging Marketplace Returns and Refunds.
For Shoes, Clothing & Accessories, please see Shoes, Clothing & Accessories.
For items containing Hazardous Materials, please see Items containing Hazardous Materials.
For items containing High Value Items, please see the Very High Value Items page.
If you return items in which you’ve saved personal information, such as laptops, cameras or other electronic devices, you must erase this information completely before sending the product back to us.